Timmy Lives!

Normally I would try to do only one post a day so as not to tire my Ol' Three Faithful Reader. But I missed yesterday's blog and something way cool just happened that makes me al smoochy inside. So, in case I confuse some people, be sure to read "O Mystical Sunday" to find out about yesterday's adventures.

Oh, and by the way: I did take my underwear of the washing machine.

I arrive at my e-Business Development class, in which I learn how to link up the business model of an e-commerce organization with tecnology and the Internet. All that is besides the point and I bet you do not care much for it. Hell, I do not care much about it. Point is the teacher arrives and tell me: "You did not come to class on Friday." To which I answer, with a puzzling face: "I was at the monologue contest. Did you not receive an e-mail?" The answer was obvious I think: he did not.

"You missed the quiz we had." He says, but in his eyes I see the teacher is thinking something more along the lines of: "You see, keep playing with kiddie stuff such as acting." Defiantly I answer: "Hey, I got Second Place. That's as good as a 100 on the quiz, is it not teach?" He smiles, looks at me and dares me: "Okay. Before the class is over you will present your monologue. If I like it, then you might get a 100."

There was no production whatsoever since I'm impromptu in the classroom with a very reduced space. But hey, I like my craft. I fix things as much as I can using a chair as the bed and an actual desk as the table, a backpack as the box I use to take out mask and there I go.

Let me tell you something: for some freaky reason I felt a lot more better in the classroom than I did in the contest; more in tune with the character and doing things more naturally. Oh well. I finish and it seems my classmates did like it. One chick even comes to me and starts asking me details about Timmy: Did he kill his parents? How did he kill his sister? What mask did he use? It seems she completely understood it. Others came to me and said: "Man, you did scare me for a second there." Now that I remember it, after the contest I was walking non-galantly to my car carrying all the utilities we had used. Suddenly a car stops besides me, honks, and a lady yells through the window: "Bye bye Timmy!" I look to my side and tell Timmy to say thanks, smile and wave goodbye. The woman laughs before she drives off only God knows if back home to her kids, to dine with her family or maybe to meet a secret lover that passionately awaits her. Moments like these are the ones that make me all soft inside and remember why I like acting.

Oh yeah! Timmy did get a 100 on his quiz.

0 comments: